Meeting of the Organizing Committee and Proposed Board of the Landings Men’s Golf Association
3/12/2013, Marshwood Clubhouse
Members Present: Mr. Breithaupt (Chair), Mr. Barber, Mr. Brown, Mr. Lanahan, Mr. Marr, Dr. Staman, Mr. Tomlinson
Members Absent: Mr. Crum (excused)
Mr. Breithaupt called the meeting called to order at 10:00 a.m. A quorum was present.
1. Mr. Breithaupt: motion to express gratitude and appreciation of the Board to Mr. Marr for his many and successful efforts in creating the LMGA; seconded by Dr. Staman. Motion passed.
2. Mr. Barber: motion to permit Mr. Brown to open LMGA checking account at Savannah Bank, and to put current LMGA Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer as signatories; seconded by Mr. Lanahan. Motion passed.
3. Mr. Marr: motion that the Board does not pursue Directors and Officer Insurance until he has had time to explore same with Landings Club; seconded by Mr. Barber. Motion passed.
4. Mr. Marr: motion that with the exception of personal matters and handicap/rules appeals, all meetings of the LMGA Board of Directors shall be open to LMGA membership, and that meetings shall be noticed; seconded by Mr. Breithaupt. Motion passed.
5. Mr. Marr: motion to purchase LMGA banner, hats LMGA logo for the membership, and food and beverages for first day of play; seconded by Mr. Breithaupt. Motion passed
1. Dr. Staman to get latest Bylaws to Mr. Brown for Savannah Bank needs.
2. Mr. Brown to open checking account.
2. Mr. Lanahan and Mr. Tomlinson to create a list of the most common rules-of-golf errors made by players; list to be posted at the web site.
Meeting adjourned at 11:22 a.m. The next meeting location and time is to be announced.
E. Michael Staman