LMGA Board Meeting, September 11, 2019 3:00 PM-TLC Board Room
Interclub Char - Mr. Poleynard
President - Mr. Hainly
Golf Chair - Mr. Bellucci
Vice President - Mr. Schepis
Asst. Golf Chair - Mr. Skipper
Interim Secretary - Mr. Monaco
Standards, Committee - Mr. Ura
Technology Chair - Mr. Cunningham
Communications Co-Chair - Mr. Cricenti
Asst. Technology Chair - Mr. DeLuca
Plantation Team Captain - Mr. Schmidt
Social Chair - Mr. Bunn
Oakridge Asst. Captain - Mr. Warhola
New Neighbors Golf Chair - Mr.Klien
Plantation Asst. Captain - Ed O’Donnell
Call to Order, Approval of Minutes: Mr. Hainly called the meeting to order at 15:00. A Quorum was present. Agenda and Minutes of 8/1 were approved.
1. Mr. Hainly introduced Paul Warhola and Ed O’Donnell as next years team captains for the Plantation and Oakridge teams. Rick Cricenti was introduced as the Communications Co-Chair responsible for articles in the TWATL concerning LMGA events.
2. Presidents Report: Mr. Hainly reported that the Tournament Committee has not ﬁnalized the 2020 Tournament Events and calendar as a result of the unavailability of the Plantation Ballroom and conﬂicts with scheduled Member-Guest events. “Nine and Dine” were successful in 2019 and will continue next summer. The Committee is considering a new tournament called “Palmer’s Cup” to commemorate the opening of the Marshwood Clubhouse in the September 2020 time frame. The lack of notice concerning the date change for the Men’s Club Championship will be addressed at the next Committee meeting.
3. Vice Presidents Report: The Golf and Greens Committee was postponed due to Dorian. Mr. Schepis did provide an update from the previous meeting concerning the PA system use at all courses. He is not satisﬁed with the initial response and plans to address again at next G&C meeting.
4. Standards Committee: Mr Ura gave a recap of the activities which had been accomplished to bring the courses to their present conditions . Overseeding is planned for Plantation on 10/7, Marshwood on 10/15 and Deer Creek on 10/28. Mr. Ura discussed the early identiﬁcation of leaking hydraulic ﬂuid from the mowers on the green. He mentioned that the equipment is inspected prior to use for leaking ﬁttings. Steve Bunn took the action to identify the type of phosphorescent Dye used elsewhere that enables leaks to be readily identiﬁable.
5. Treasures Report: A spreadsheet of the 2019 Proﬁts and loss statement was provided for review. Overall the Finances are in good standing.
6. Members Report: A discussion was held addressing the Wednesday night scramble. Participation has been very good and greatly appreciated by those members that are still working. It has been decided the Wednesday night event will continue next year. New golf rules cards will be disturbed this month to all members.
7. Technology Report: Mr. Cunningham reported that much of the work to cleanup the LMGA database has been completed yet there is still much to do with deleting unnecessary ﬁles.
8. Interclub Report: Mr. Polynard reported that a request to play has been accepted. Scheduled play dates will be Dec. 2nd through March 10. Signup requests are anticipated in mid October.
9. Golf Chair Report: Mr. Bellucci reviewed in detail, items for an amended budget for the the LMGA Club Championship (Attachment 1). The amended budget was approved.
10. Club Captains report: Nothing new reported.
11. New Neighbors Report: Semi-annual NN Scramble is scheduled for 10/7.
12. Social Chair Report: Mr. Bunn stated that everything is set for the LMGA annual meeting/dinner; two food stations and a 2-hour open bar are planned. The Tom Coyne presentation on 9/23 is set. Current registration numbers will ensure we will break even. Plans for an upcoming event featuring our very own Rusty Billingsly, formerly with the Golf Channel, are being developed to occur on 11/14.
Next Meeting: October 3rd, at 15:00 in the TLC Board Room Submitted by R. Monaco
1. Revised Tournament Budget for 2019 Proposed at the 9/11 Board Meeting. Revisions to the Tournament Budget approved March 2019
2. Add a post-golf member lunch for December 19th Estimated cost $1,200.
Additional notes Post golf lunches to follow each BA Cup match and Day 1 of the LMGA Championship