- Inter-Club Golf
- Member Discounts
- LMGA Help!
You are here
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the procedure for signing up for weekly play?
- What events am I signed up for?
- What is the sign-up deadline for Thursday play?
- What if I miss the deadline and still wish to play?
- If I can’t take part in weekly play is there any reason to join LMGA?
- Will LMGA enforce a pace of play of 4-hours or less?
- Is walking permitted in LMGA events?
- Will I get to play with others with similar handicaps?
- I would like to get more involved in LMGA. Are there volunteer opportunities?
- Is it true there is usually beer, refreshments and socializing after LMGA events?
- What is LMGA’s attitude toward the rules of golf?
How do I know what events I'm signed up for?
There are two ways to check what you are signed up for. First, you will receive an email message for each event you sign up for. Secondly, you can click on the top tab item "Play!", and then click "My Events". You will see just about everything the system is keeping track of, including which events you're signed up for.
The deadline for signing up for Thursday play is 5:00 PM Monday afternoon.
Yes. Come and bring your wife to some of our fun social events and themed golf outings. Support LMGA’s efforts to help care for and improve the Club’s golf facilities. Enjoy dinner discounts downtown at one of Savannah’s upscale restaurants or book your travel plans through one of LMGA’s commercial partners and pocket big savings.
Yes. We encourage a 4-hour round by providing numerous tips to keep the pace of play enjoyable for everyone. Club rangers will also help us enforce pace of play. Slow foursomes may be asked to speed it up.
Yes, a numer of current members are walkers.
In most events we will group you with like handicap players to enable more competitive and enjoyable play. However we will structure some events to allow you to meet golfers across the handicap spectrum.
You bet! We could use help in every area. Are you a good record keeper? Do you have public relations experience? Can you take good photographs? Could you help recruit sponsors for LMGA events? Can you organize social activities? Do you know how to tap a keg? If yes, please talk to one of LMGA’s board members, and we’ll help you find a suitable role.
Yes. Beer and soda are included with your membership, usually at the scoreboard. Socializing happens all the time.
LMGA honors the heritage of the game and adherence to the rules of golf. Play the ball as it lies and the course as you find it, etc. A copy of the USGA Complete Rules of Golf is presented to all new members.