- Inter-Club Golf
- Member Discounts
- LMGA Help!
You are here
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up for weekly play?
- What events am I signed up for?
- What is the sign-up deadline for Thursday play?
- What if I miss the deadline and still wish to play?
- If I can’t take part in weekly play is there any reason to join LMGA?
- What is the expected duration of an LMGA round?
- Is walking permitted in LMGA events?
- Will I get to play with others with similar handicaps?
- I would like to get more involved in LMGA. Are there volunteer opportunities?
- Is it true there is usually beer, refreshments and socializing after LMGA events?
Click on the “Play!” tab to see a calendar of LMGA events. Click register on the date you want to play. That will take you to a page that you will fill out with relevant information. You’ll receive an email confirmation once you’ve successfully registered. Or just click here.
How do I know what events I'm signed up for?
As noted, you will receive a confirmation via email for each event you sign up for and can save those emails. You also can click on the Play! tab and then click "My Events". You will see just about everything the system is keeping track of, including which events you're signed up for.
The deadline for signing up for Thursday play is 5:00 PM Monday afternoon.
Yes. You can play in Wednesday scrambles and in LMGA-sponsored tournaments and also come to the Annual Meeting and Awards dinner. You can support LMGA’s efforts to help care for and improve the Club’s golf facilities.
We strongly encourage playing a round in four hours or less. We provide tips to keep the pace of play enjoyable for everyone. If you are out of a hole in a match, pick up and follow the guidance for posting scores that is under the Play! tab. Slow foursomes may be asked to speed it up.
In most events we will group you with like-handicap players to enable more competitive and enjoyable play. However, we structure some events to allow you to meet golfers across the handicap spectrum.
You bet! Are you a good record keeper? Do you have public relations experience? Can you take good photographs? Could you help recruit sponsors for LMGA events? Can you organize social activities? If yes, please talk to one of LMGA’s board members, and we’ll help you find a suitable role.
Yes, indeed. Beer and soda are included with your membership, usually at the scoreboard. Lunch is served after Bouchillon-Ambrose matches.